June 26rd is international ‘Take Your Dog to Work Day’ when employees can be with their best bud throughout the day. It can be lots of fun and you’ll be in a good mood all day.
Tips for pets in a workplace
Having pets come to work has many benefits but before you take your furry friend to work, you should consider a few things to ensure a healthy and safe environment for pets and employees.
- Check with your office if they allow you to bring your dog to work because some environments aren’t suitable or safe for dogs.
- Ensure that your dog is healthy and their vaccinations are up to date.
- Introduce pets to the others including the employees, give them time to get to know them.
- Make sure to supervise your dog throughout the day, it would be a shame if they got lost or escaped, so keep an eye on them.
To make your dog feels more comfortable, you should take some of their favorite things with you so it will feel like their second home.
- Set their bed or blanket near your desk or the area you are working in.
- Bring their favorite toy.
- Give them a dental stick that helps reduce bad breath and it keeps them occupied.
Benefits of Taking Your Dog to Work
Being with your dog can have many positive effects on you and your colleagues. It could make your day brighter and can boost the productivity of your workforce. Research shows that having your dog come to work with you every day increases your creativity and reduces stress. Plus, your dog is also happier being with you all day. It’s better than having them stay home alone don’t you think?